Current Portfolio

Monday, February 28, 2011

Get the Tissues Ready

                                                                        Meet Jamie.
 She is a 33 year old mother of 3 little boys all under the age of 9.
She is loved and supported by many of those in her family.
Now, I don't personally "know" her, but her older sister is a close friend, and well family to me. Many of you recognize her name as she is my photographer. She has done a maternity shoot, fun shoots and my wedding of coarse. Her name is Dawn Alderman. Because of the friendship, I don't have to know her sister Jamie, to be effected by any sadness or sorrow.
Jamie was experiencing alot of headaches and a trip to the doctor in May 2010, she was diagnosed with brain cancer. We are coming up on the year mark of her initial diagnosis. This month, they discovered that the Tremador chemo did not work and her tumor as actually grown. She is at stage 4. She has started a new kind of chemo treatment that  has been shown to stop tumor progression by cutting off the tumors blood supply.
Coronal MRI with contrast of a glioblastoma WHO grade IV in a 15-year-old male.
This type of brain cancer is the most common and aggressive. Even though it is considered the most common,  it only occurs in  2–3 cases per 100,000 people in Europe and North America. It's name? Glioblastoma multiforme or GBM. (information and mri photo from Wikipedia.)
Unfortunately, we all have known someone who has had to go through this horrid fight with Cancer. It doesn't matter the kind of cancer as it all can lead to a horrid end. My grandma died in 1994 of cancer. My husband's grandmother lost her fight with it this past June. My uncle(well, technically cousin) is battling cancer right now.
It amazes me that with all the study and research that's been done and that continues...they have still not found a cure.
With enough positive thinking and prayers, let this be one of the survivors. She has 3 boys that need her..not to mention her family and friends.  Please take a moment and think/pray hard for miracles to start happening.
During Dawn's visit with Jamie this month, she took her to MAC makeup for the day and bought her all new makeup! She had an amazing day. Let there be many more for YEARS to come.
Let there be many more wonderful years for all those battling this horrid battle.
During my research of this type of cancer, I found that it too has a ribbon. All cancers do but most recognize the pink ribbon that symbolizes breast cancer. Brain cancer's ribbon color is grey and overall cancer awareness is lavender. As you know, I have a couple Etsy shops.

 I have one item in my CreationsByCReid shop that all proceeds will be donated to Jamie and her family. I am currently working on at least one item for my FeatherAhead that all proceeds will be donated to Jamie and her family as well. I went to Joann's yesterday and bought a spool of grey and a spool of lavender ribbon to start on these projects. I will make a post once these items are done.

I have one item in this shop now that 75% of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society in honor of my husband's grandmother.
If you own an Etsy shop or know someone who does, let us join together and help where we can. If you care to participate, please give me the link to the item in which you would like to donate the proceeds. When you are ready to make your donation, I will give you the information needed to go ahead and do so. Thank you for your support, prayers and positive thinking. Please share this!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good thing you are doing. *hug* Positive thinking GO! *thinks positive*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't imagine... My prayers and thoughts go out to her and her family. Let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work, this is very sweet of you. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

    ReplyDelete