Current Portfolio

Monday, January 24, 2011

HI Everyone! Get comfy, pay attention, you might learn something about me you didn't know

This shall start about 10 years ago. I was living in Hawaii at the time. Met a man at a bar and after a very short time of a month or so, I moved in with him. Less than a year later, we were married. There were NEON signs along the way shouting "DON'T DO IT!" But I ignored them, as I thought I was in looooove...needless to say, a few short years later I left him. The events that led up to this were multiple beatings and endless psychological abuse. It wasn't easy but it was the best decision I have ever made. Oddly enough, I am very grateful for everything that happened because without it, I would not be where I am today.
After I left, I slipped into a bottle and didn't want to come out. It was very difficult even though I knew I did the right thing by leaving. Again, I met a man at a bar..see a pattern..lol..the drinking was a big part of my life at that point. After a few months, I ended up pregnant with a beautiful little girl who saved me from myself. It was a scary and lonely journey.
This is where my now husband came into my life. 7 months pregnant and Gabe was the greatest friend. We were inseparable from that point on. He was there for the birth of my daughter and has been by our sides since then.
It was a long 4 years of trying to figure out what we both really wanted in life. During that time we had many ups and downs. Then I made a trip to the ER. There was a "clicking" in my heartbeat. After many tests and medications, it was found that I needed heart surgery. 28 years old. WOW. Talk about knock you on your butt. As I was waking up from anesthesia, I remember having to tell myself to breathe. Very scary and confusing to say the least. When Gabe was finally able to see me, he was a changed man. For the better. Everything we questioned, argued, bickered about in the last 4 years didn't matter. It was at that point we knew we wanted to marry and have more kids.
10 months later we welcomed another beautiful girl to our family and this past August, we said, "I do" in front of our family and friends.

Photo by Dawn Alderman. Follow her blog, you won't be sorry.
Over the past 10 years, I have learned better than most that everything..yes..everything, happens for a reason. I believe a regret is only a mistake in which you did not learn and grow from. It has been an amazing journey that is sure to only get better.
My next post will be about the other side of me. What quirks I have, pet peeves(its sure to include men who leave the toilet seat up), my interests, hobbies and most importantly..what inspired me to become apart of the Etsy community as a seller..not just a buyer.
I hope that i haven't bored you too much..Have a question...ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment